West Yorkshire base with some UK travel
The vacancy will provide an opportunity to work in the ‘booming’, ‘people orientated’ events, entertainment and venues industry which offers variety, rewarding work and daily challenges influencing a range of stakeholders. No two days will be the same!
This is a newly created exciting Health and Safety Adviser opening which has evolved following a re-structure of a specialist business division within a global group.
This is a ‘career step’ role providing the chance to work both practically and strategically with a senior operational manager.
As a resilient and credible safety professional; you will be working closely with the Head of Health, Safety and Risk as part of the corporate team based in West Yorkshire.
The focus will be to provide business assurance with specialist safety support and advice to the operational teams UK wide to develop, implement and monitor policy and procedures and ensure the best compliance and safe working practices.
• Degree level education
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent NCRQ / NVQ / City & Guilds qualification
• Extensive technical knowledge of legislation and regulation
• Experience of safety auditing and accident and incident investigations
• Effective training skills
• Previous safety assurance experience; working within a ‘fast paced’ ‘people centred’ industry
• A resilient and proactive approach
• Thirst for knowledge
• Strong analytical, presentation and statistical skills
• Lateral thinking
• Clean UK driving license
• Flexible team orientated approach – willing to work evenings and weekends as required
• Experience of health and safety advice in an events / production / venues / entertainment / hospitality / catering environment would be the ideal.
• Previous exposure to emergency continuity procedures
• Experience of safety aspects for temporary structures, crowd safety, Fire and noise
Salary: c£32k - £35k (with some negotiation possible for an outstanding candidate).
+ £4k car allowance and benefits
Time off in lieu for overtime worked
Core hours are 9 – 5.30 pm Monday to Friday
New Year resolution to improve your career? Then this role will definitely provide that opportunity!!
Interviews will take place in mid-January so apply today!!
Or call June for more information